Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The addition of savory seasoned breadcrumbs, instead of regular breadcrumbs makes all the difference to this tasty version of a popular stand-by
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground sirloin (the leaner the better)
- 3⁄4 cup pepperidge farm seasoned dry bread crumb (the kind used in stuffing)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped vidalia onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl, and press into loaf pan, or mold into a loaf shap on a cooking sheet pan with edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour, or (until a thermometer inserted into the meatloaf reads 165-170 degrees.).
We enjoyed this meatloaf. It was alittle dry but it did keep its texture very well. Thanks for sharing the recipe.