This is an old Italian recipe. There is no frying involved. I guarantee you'll love these melt in your mouth meatballs!
- Place tomato sauce in large pot on the stove on medium heat.
- Soak crustless bread in medium bowl with the two cups of water about 2 minutes until bread is totally moistened; squeeze out excess water.
- In a large bowl combine bread and all other ingredients except water, mix well with hands until all are combined. Add water if needed.
- Transfer onto plastic wrap and flatten meat to about 1/4 inch (this is an easy method to make meatballs eaqual in size, but optional of course; score meat mixture into 2 inch squares, (like a checker board).
- Roll'em up and place them in sauce.
- Stew in sauce for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.