Recipe by devians
This recipe is from foodnetwork.com & the results are by far the best chicken I have ever made...at least that's what my boyfriend says. I have never personally tried it being the fact that I am a Vegan. However, when i began cooking for my boyfriend in order for him to be able to eat healthier I tried many different recipes trying to spice up chicken & keep him from getting tired of it. Then one day I came across this one & that was it. He"ll buy chicken & request that I make it this way every time. When making this recipe I change up the ingredients a little in that I use Wish-Bone's Balsamic Vinaigrette in combination with apple cider vinegar (usually in a 2 to 1 ratio to just to make the bottle of vinaigrette last longer) instead of just vinegar. Also, I have played with many spice combinations & I have found that poultry seasoning (I make my own) seems to produce the best results.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (e.g. cider, balsamic, red wine, or Wish-Bone's Balsamic Vinaigrette can be used solely or in combina)
- 3 tablespoons dried herbs (e.g thyme, oregano, rosemary, crumbled bay leaf, or poultry seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, each about 6 ounces
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a small bowl or 1 pint liquid measuring cup.
- On a cutting board cut the chicken breasts length wise in half, if the they are relatively large, & trim off all the excess fat.
- In a container (e.g. Tupperware, glassware) that can be sealed with a lid & has sufficient capacity, place some of the chicken in a layer at the bottom & pour some of marinade evenly over the layer. Repeat with the rest of the chicken & marinade. *A large & sturdy Ziploc bag can be used for this step as well.
- Seal the container (or plastic bag) & shake until all of the chicken is completely coated in marinade.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or freeze for up to 2 weeks*. *If freezing thaw in the refrigerator overnight, under cold, running water, or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 1 minute at a time before continuing on to the next step.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. You can also cook the chicken on a hot grill for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.