Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have a few favorite marinades that I have used for years this is one of them, this marinade will tenderize and add flavor to any cut of meat to absolute perfection and makes fantastic kabobs! This can also be used for chicken but because of the vinegar amount marinading time will need to be reduced to a maximum of 6 hours or the acid vinegar will start to "cook" the chicken, use only honey no other substitutions!.. you will love this marinade!
Top Review by Northern Cook
Outstanding! I marinated button mushrooms, green and yellow zucchini, red and green bell peppers, and a Vidalia onion for 7 hours then grilled as kabobs. They tasted amazing. The Vidalia onions tasted like candy. I also marinated a 1lb top sirloin steak for 7 hours and grilled it to rare and it was also amazing. This is the best marinade I've ever tasted. Kittencal continues to amaze me. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce (can use low-sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste I use seasoned salt)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste, I use lots!)
- 1⁄3 cup store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey (do NOT use any substitutions use only honey)
- 2 small green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients into a blender (except the green onions, if using add them in after blending).
- Blend for 30-40 seconds.
- Mix in in green onions.
- This recipe makes 3-1/2 cups of marinade, but may be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered in a glass container for up to 3 weeks.
- *NOTE* marinate the beef, pork or lamb for 8 hours or up to 24 hours chicken up to 8 hours.