Recipe by enigmused
The title says it all. This is enough for 4 tuna steaks, lamb chops or chicken pieces. From Chris McFerran of Best Cellars, a wine store based in NYC.
Top Review by Geema
Wow...the fresh herbs and the ginger make this a refreshing, and different marinade. I used chicken breasts and both DH and I devoured our grilled chicken and look forward to trying it with some ahi tuna soon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place the fish or meat in the marinade.
- Turn the pieces over several times.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Fish should be marinated for 45 minutes, chicken for at least an hour, and red meats like lamb for several hours.
- When the fish or meat has marinated long enough, heat up your grill, pull the pieces out of the marinade, and season them well with salt and pepper.
- Immediately place on the grill.
- Baste occasionally with the leftover marinade.
- Discard marinade when grilling is complete.