1/1 Photo of The Best Marble Cake
Engineer in the Kitchen's Note:
I found the recipe of the cake some time ago on Duncan Hines. While the icing comes from one of the books of BHG. It is the best marble cake I ever had. Made on several occasions for company, and they couldn't stop eating it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Spray Bundt cake with non-stick.
- 3Microwave chocolate with 20-30 sec intervals. Stir and repeat until most of the chocolate is melt but not all (usually takes 1 minute). I usually do not let it melt completely, which creates a nice effect in the cake.
- 4Combine cake mix, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, vegetable oil, sugar and water. Beat on high for around 3 minutes.
- 5Stir third of the batter into the melted chocolate, mix well.
- 6Spread half of the vanilla batter in the pan, then the chocolate batter and then the rest of the vanilla batter. Swirl the batters with a butter knife to create the marble effect.
- 7Bake for 35-40 minutes, cool for 20 minutes in pan, remove from pan and cool completely.
- 8For the icing: melt the chocolate and butter (you can do this in the microwave as well, but be careful).
- 9Cool the mix for 5-10 minutes, add sour cream and then the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- 10Spread the icing on the cake when it has cooled completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Marble Cake
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 346.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 57.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g