Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My family thinks that I am crazy when I put the mayo on the warm unrinsed pasta. But I never hear any complaints the next day. The heat brings out the flavors, mmmmmm.
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shucked
- 1 (15 ounce) jarof you favorite mayonnaise (I recommend the real full fat kind)
- celery seed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta and drain.
- Dice all of the veggies and egg whites evenly and put in the bottom of a LARGE bowl (or 2).
- Crush yolks well and add.
- When the pasta is still warm but not hot add.
- Pour mayo and tuna on top.
- Mix very well so that mayo melts and all ingredients are combined.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with pepper, celery seed and cheese.
I halved this recipe because I wanted it for a side dish. One and a half cups of Miracle Whip did the job so for full recipe I guess about 3 cups, cause one jar was not helpful to me. Everyone said how very good this was. I thought I had goofed cause I didn't salt the pasta but it was tasty. I had 9 people for dinner and all 8 who tried the salad loved it. My youngest daughter wouldn't try it because it had onions so her vote doesn't count. Great for a hot day, esp if you cook the pasta by recipe ID# 30358
This was really good and made lots.