Recipe by Kaytan
This recipes comes from my aunt and it is the best. Once you eat this you will never, evre buy another store bought macaroni salad. I always double the recipe for family BBQ's
Top Review by Charlly29
i liked the ingredients in this recipe but i think its just me as i cant ever seem to get a macaroni salad to turn out for me thanks for the recipe though maybe i will try again and see if it will turn out for me this time thanks again
- 450 g elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni and once cooked pour into large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, green peppers, relish and onions, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, salt and black pepper. (Double sauce mixture for it to be more creamy, I always do).
- Pour mixture over cooked macaronie and mix well.
- Add chopped hard boil egg to macaronie and mix delicately (if desired).
- Let refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- (You can also spread black pepper on the top before refrigerating, adds more flavor).
- To serve decorate with slices of green peppers (as many as desired).