Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipes comes from my aunt and it is the best. Once you eat this you will never, evre buy another store bought macaroni salad. I always double the recipe for family BBQ's
- 450 g elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- Boil macaroni and once cooked pour into large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, green peppers, relish and onions, mix well.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, salt and black pepper. (Double sauce mixture for it to be more creamy, I always do).
- Pour mixture over cooked macaronie and mix well.
- Add chopped hard boil egg to macaronie and mix delicately (if desired).
- Let refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- (You can also spread black pepper on the top before refrigerating, adds more flavor).
- To serve decorate with slices of green peppers (as many as desired).
i liked the ingredients in this recipe but i think its just me as i cant ever seem to get a macaroni salad to turn out for me thanks for the recipe though maybe i will try again and see if it will turn out for me this time thanks again