Recipe by justcallmetoni
These were advertised as the best tasting low fat chocolate chip cookies ever. Certainly caught my eye. While these are not really lowfat for me, the are certainly lower than your usually cookie.
- 16 tablespoons light butter, such as Smart Balance or Land O'Lakes Light
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground oatmeal (measure after grounding the oats to a coarse flour consistency)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, good quality (I plan to chop up dark Dove bars)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to bring out a bit more flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg, egg whites, salt and the vanilla. Beat well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, ground oatmeal and baking soda). Slowly add the dry items into the larger bowl and beat with electric mixer until batter is smooth and creamy. Fold in entire bag of chocolate chips, and if you like add the walnuts.
- Drop dough by large teaspoons (or scant Tablespoons) onto cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes (the time REALLY depends on your oven so watch that first batch!).