Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This pumpkin pie saves 151 calories and 12 grams of fat per slice from the traditional version and it tastes identical!
Top Review by Lainey39
This is a wonderful light pumpkin pie. I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm so happy to find a delicious, lighter recipe for my favorite type of pie this time of year. Thanks for posting, V!
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (about 4)
- 16 ounces pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, cloves)
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind the cookies in a good processor.
- Lightly spray a 9" glass pie pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Pat the cookie crumbs into the pan evenly.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour into the crust and bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.