Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe just requires 4 ingredients, and you will have authentic lemon curd. This is also a good base to experiment with other flavors as well.
- Juice the lemons and grate the rind from two of them.
- In another bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until fluffy; add the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. When butter is melted, raise the heat to medium, continuing to stir until mixture is thickened. Stir in the zest.
- Store in the refrigerator. Use as filling or frosting, as well as with scones.
- Variations: substitute lime or orange juice and zest for the lemon.
I like this recipe, and it was so easy. I never knew what was in lemon curd. I cut the recipe in half, and my 2 lemons gave me about 1/3 cup juice, which made it a little too sour so I'll just use less next time. I'm waiting for it to chill, so I'll check the flavor later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for posting!