This recipe just requires 4 ingredients, and you will have authentic lemon curd. This is also a good base to experiment with other flavors as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Juice the lemons and grate the rind from two of them.
- 2In another bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until fluffy; add the lemon juice.
- 3Pour the lemon mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Gradually add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. When butter is melted, raise the heat to medium, continuing to stir until mixture is thickened. Stir in the zest.
- 5Store in the refrigerator. Use as filling or frosting, as well as with scones.
- 6Variations: substitute lime or orange juice and zest for the lemon.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2763.1
- Calories from Fat 1434
- Total Fat 159.3 g
- Saturated Fat 93.9 g
- Cholesterol 1212.3 mg
- Sodium 311.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 347.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.3 g
- Sugars 301.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g