1/1 Photo of The Best Lemon Bars You Will Ever Eat
This recipe comes from a friend of my mom. My fiance and I credit this recipe for getting us into our current home-I bribed my landlord with a batch when we turned in the rent application!! No one I know has ever tasted better lemon bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Mix 2 cups flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the butter then use your hands to knead it into a moist ball. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper and brush with melted butter. Pat the dough into an even layer at the bottom of the prepped pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- 3While crust is baking mix: eggs, granulated sugar, remaining flour, lemon juice and salt.
- 4Pour over baked crust. Bake for 20 min more. If it's still a little loose in the middle turn off the oven, open the door for one minute to allow heat to escape then close it and leave in cooling oven for another 5-10 minutes until it has set.
- 5Remove from oven. Using the parchment as a sling carefully move uncut bar to a cutting surface. Cut immediately into squares with a long sharp knife (run knife under hot water before and between cuts) and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar (optional). Allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Lemon Bars You Will Ever Eat
Serving Size: 1 (1256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g