Recipe by joshuainboden
First of all, this pie might be easier to make than a regular pumpkin pie. Its taste is very light and delicious. The cream cheese really balances out the spices in the pumpkin pie and most people I have served it to actually skip on the whipped topping as it's good without it. Every time I make this I always have at least one request for the recipe. This recipe was found at: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Double-Layer-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-2/Detail.aspx Submitted by: Stephanie Phillips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (Marie Callendars is always a good crust)
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.