Recipe by MelDanielle89
This is the best dang lasagna you will ever prepare, bake, serve, and eat! Now, admittedly, I may be a little biased because it's my own recipe but I highly doubt you will ever find a person who doesn't like it! Even the pickiest of eaters love this dish! Make as directed is best but of course you can make changes as you see fit. Enjoy! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons spice world organic minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried ground basil
- 1 teaspoon dried ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons mccormick Italian herb seasoning (Grinder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ground cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 30 ounces Ragu chunky tomato onion & garlic sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Softened)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 0.5 (4 cup) jargrated homestyle parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 6 -8 no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oven to 400. Grease a 13 inch by 9 inch pan. Thoroughly cook the ground beef with the herbs, onions, garlic, chives, and all other seasonings in a large skillet, stirring frequently and breaking up the meat into small chucks. When done, drain out the grease and stir in the pasta sauce. Add a little more garlic and herbs (fit personal taste). Put the heat on low to warm up the sauce. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add Cream Cheese, turn heat to low, and whisk until smooth, about 6 minutes. Add in a few small dabs of the chopped chives.
- 3. Spoon half the meat sauce into the pan as evenly as possible. Sprinkle 1 cup grated Mozzarella over the meat mixture and add a handful of the Parmesan and Romano as well. Top with 3 or 4 lasagna noodles.
- 4.Pour the Cream Cheese sauce over the noodles and cover with another cup of grated Mozzarella. Add in another handful of the Parmesan and Romano over the Mozzarella. Arrange 3 or 4 lasagna noodles over the cheese, then spoon remaining meat mixture over noodles as evenly as possible. Top with the rest of all the cheeses, including the Cheddar. Bake until brown and bubbling, 35 to 45 minutes. (You'll need the longer cooking time if you have made and chilled the lasagna in advance.) Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes or it will be too gloppy to cut well. That would drive you crazy this late in the game.
- 5. ENJOY! :) I like to have Garlic Bread served as a side.