Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My moms recipe that our entire family loves. Great when it's cold outside.
Make and share this The Best King Ranch Chicken Ever recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -10 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or 2 -3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheddar cheese, jack
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, with chilies
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer grapeseed)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Dice chicken into small bite size cubes and cook in pan with oil, ground cumin, and chili powder.
- Pour a light layer of chicken broth at bottom of casserole dish to line.
- In a medium size bowl, add chicken, rotel, cream of mushroom, and chicken broth and mix.
- Line bottom of pan with corn tortillas
- Add chicken and soup mixture over the tortillas.
- Add a light layer of diced onion over soup mixture.
- Top with layered mixture between both kinds of cheeses.
- Repeat last 3 directions until casserole dish is filled and topped with cheese (usually only 2 layers).
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minute.
I've never before tasted anything called 'King Ranch Chicken'...BUT...this is the most delicious mexican dish I have ever eaten! This stuff is scrumptious and deserves 10 stars! I made about a 1/3 recipe because I was afraid that the regular recipe would be way too much for just DH and me...especially if we didn't like it. Well that certainly isn't the case. The flavor was incredible! I wish there was more left! Made for Spring Pac 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0