1 hr 10 mins
My moms recipe that our entire family loves. Great when it's cold outside.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins or 2 -3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cheddar cheese, jack
- 2 -3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, with chilies
- 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer grapeseed)
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Dice chicken into small bite size cubes and cook in pan with oil, ground cumin, and chili powder.
- 3Pour a light layer of chicken broth at bottom of casserole dish to line.
- 4In a medium size bowl, add chicken, rotel, cream of mushroom, and chicken broth and mix.
- 5Line bottom of pan with corn tortillas
- 6Add chicken and soup mixture over the tortillas.
- 7Add a light layer of diced onion over soup mixture.
- 8Top with layered mixture between both kinds of cheeses.
- 9Repeat last 3 directions until casserole dish is filled and topped with cheese (usually only 2 layers).
- 10Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minute.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best King Ranch Chicken Ever
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 967.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: