1/3 Photos of The Best Key Lime Pie
This is a great recipe I found on Allrecipes.com by Ann Richardson. One of the easiest and best key lime pies I've ever made! Since I live in Costa Rica, key limes or sour cream aren't easy to come by. I substitute Natilla (a type of creme fraiche) for the sour cream and Mandarinas (a very sour mandarin-type orange) for the limes. I don't know if it's the heat and humidity here, but I have to bake it for 10-12 minutes to get the pinhole bubbles. But I've left the recipe as Ann wrote it, in case that's what it takes in more moderate weather... Sometimes, I'll add a topping made with natilla, a bit of mandarina juice, and powdered sugar. It is quite tasty! Prep time includes time to zest and juice the limes. Thanks, Ann!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 celsius).
- 2In medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and zest. Mix well and pour into crust.
- 3Bake for 5-8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of the pie. DO NOT BROWN!
- 4Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.3
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 328.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 74.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: