Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This really is one of the BEST Jell-o Salad Recipes. This recipe came from my mother's cousin Antoinette. This recipe has been popular in her family for over 40 years. It is a delicious treat during the summer months as well as an accompanying Holiday dessert (Color goes well for Holiday dessert table). The recipe calls for real whipped cream, however I'm sure that Cool Whip could be substituted as the recipe probably pre-dates the ease of prepared whipped topping, but I do prefer the original recipe as it just makes it more traditional. Note: I use Strawberry Jello, but I'm sure any kind of berry or cherry flavor would work well too... I also use food processor chopper for preparing the bananas & cherries - I use whisk attachment on electric mixer for preparing the set jello & whipping the cream.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (prepared in advance)
- 4 bananas, chopped (very ripe)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the jello as directed on box in large bowl the night before so it is set & hardened for recipe. Then, whisk jello in its bowl and add to large bowl that you will serve the dessert in.
- Fold in the bananas, cherries, & whipped cream until all combined.
- Refrigerate until thick or ready to serve.