1 hr 5 mins
Healthy, light and refreshingly good! Copycat of Italianni's restaurant best selling pasta dish. Believe me, you wont taste the anchovies here. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, saute garlic in olive oil till fragrant.
- 2Add in onions cook till softened.
- 3Dump in the whole can of anchovies including its oil.
- 4Keep stirring till dissolved.
- 5Add in the tomatoes, you can use hand emulsion blender to puree it.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes then add sugar.
- 7On low heat, allow to simmer 30 to 45 minutes till flavor concentrates.
- 8Add in basil, correct seasoning and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 9Add in 2T parmesan cheese.
- 10You can stop here or add cream like what my kids like.
- 11Turn off heat and pour over cooked angel hair pasta.
- 12Garnish with more basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese.
- 13Dig in!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Italian Pomodoro Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 682.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: