1/4 Photos of The Best Italian Manicotti
1 hr 25 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
This manicotti is great, if followedcorrectly. Been making this for about 10 years now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thated, well drained
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) carton small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 14 manicotti, cooked al dente
- 1Ina large skillet, brown ground beef, then add garlic and onion, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes and drain.
- 2Add tomatoes, and the tomato liquid, mushrooms, fennel seed, basil, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and pepper and stir to mix well.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a seperate bowl, stir together well drained spinach, half the parmesan, cottage cheese, nutmeg, and pepper.
- 5In a sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish, spoon 1/3 of the beef sauce evenly over bottom of dish.
- 6Fill manicotti shells with spinach mixture and place on beef layer in baking dish.
- 7Repeat until all spinach mixture has been used in manicotti shells.
- 8Pour remaining beef sauce evenly over manicotti shells to cover.
- 9Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- 10Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until shells are tender.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Italian Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.8
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 602.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: