Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own recipe. I've been making these for years and every time I tweak it up a bit to make it hotter and hotter and to find the right taste. These are very spicy, but of course you can control the heat by adjusting the amount of peppers.
- 2041.16 g chicken wings
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml louisiana hot sauce
- 78.07 ml sambal oelek chili paste
- 2-4 chipotle chiles
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- **To make the sauce:.
- Melt butter. Add hot sauces, soy sauce and peppers. It doesn't matter if the chipotles are dried or in adobo sauce. Either way is good.
- Set aside in a pan.
- **To prepare wings:.
- *Divide wings, discarding the tips.
- *Deep fry in batches, until browned.
- *Drain each batch on paper towels.
- *After each batch is drained, toss into hot sauce mixture.
- Note: Once all the wings are in the sauce, toss, cover and simmer for a few minutes. This step isn't absolutely necessary, but lets the wings absorb more of the sauce.