Recipe by Jessica JT
I used to buy this by the gallon when I lived in Texas. The person who made it felt pity on me when I said I was leaving for Scotland and shared it with me. It's so delicious!
- 4 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar (white)
- 4 large jalapenos, if you're brave enough (if you're brave enough) or 4 large habaneros, seeded (if you're brave enough)
- 2 limes
- 2 large onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut and chop cilantro, tomatoes, jalapeños and onions as much or as little as you desire.
- Place all ingredients in pot, salt to taste and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes just enough to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the sauce in glass jars (keeps sauce fresher in glass) the lid will seal if you store the sauce immediately after you boil the sauce.
- Refrigerate, (stores for up to 6 months).
- Another secret to keep your salsa fresher longer do not use metal to scoop out the sauce.