Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Saw this on the Food Network with Sandra Lee and it looks so thick and yummy I had to save it until I can go shopping for the ingredents. The vodka or a liqueur like coffee flavored or hazelnut can be added to make it an indulgent adult version and serve in a martini glass. Not for someone on a diet, but a lovely occassional indulgent.
- 59.14 ml milk chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 14.17 g vanilla vodka (optional)
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add chocolate chips, half-and-half and cinnamon.
- Melt chocolate chips stirring frequently with wooden spoon; about 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to let boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into mug.
- Add a shot of vanilla vodka or liqueur if you like to make a more adult version.
I loved this! I made it as written, except I added 1 full ounce of the vanilla vodka! Fantastic, a delicious grown-up hot chocolate to take the chill off a cold winter's night!