1/6 Photos of The Best Honey Cornbread
One of the best cornbread recipes, this recipe goes back years and I still make it, this complete recipe may be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- 3Combine all dry ingredients.
- 4Cut in the shortening with a pastry knife until it's like small crumbs.
- 5Beat in eggs, cream and honey; beat (by hand with a wooden spoon) until smooth.
- 6Pour into a well-greased and floured baking pan.
- 7Bake 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean, and the top of cornbread is golden brown (don't over bake).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Honey Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 944.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g