Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
When I found my Taste of Home magazine in my mailbox, I was excited to try this slow cooker recipe for "Stamp of Approval Spaghetti Sauce" Orginally submitted by Melissa Taylor of Higley AZ. This sauce is the best stuff I have ever tasted- there is no comparison in taste between store bought and this! Everyone that I made it for, my hubby, son, sister, mom and dad loved it and I (shamefully) ate 2 bowls full of plain sauce before serving! Just try it. Notice- It makes a BIG crock pot full of sauce!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb bulk Italian sausage (I used 1 lb.)
- 4 medium onions
- 8 garlic cloves, Minced
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (I used Olive Oil )
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage (I used ground )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked spaghetti
- In a Dutch oven. cook the beef, sausage, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, oil and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until bubbly.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve with Spaghetti.
This recipe is a lot like my spaghetti sauce I do, but I add in also Italian Seasoning, celery leafy part too, mushrooms, spicy sausage, little Season All Salt, and a can or 2 tomato sauce. Making this tonight. ;)
Cant wait to try! Thanks for posting!