1 hr 26 mins
1 hr 15 mins
That's no exaggeration. It's all about the technique, and the slightly higher ratio of brown sugar to white sugar... Prep time includes one hour of chilling in the refrigerator. Don't underbeat the butter and sugars. Don't skip the slipping the parchment or silpats onto a hard surface step. This somehow carmelizes the sugars so you get a gorgeous crispy bottom and chewy top/middle. Try not to eat these all at once!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lb cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, in chips or 1/2 inch chunks
- 1Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2Using a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars on low speed until it is smooth and lump free, about 3 minutes. The smooth and lump-free is more important than how long it takes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle.
- 3Add the vanilla and egg and beat on low speed for 15 seconds, or until fully incorporated. Do not overbeat. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle.
- 4On low speed, add the flour mixture. Beat until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate chunks and mix until they are just incorporated. If using a hand mixer, use a wooden spoon to stir them inches Refrigerate dough for at least an hour to overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 350. Adjust racks to lower and upper thirds of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. Spoon the dough using a cookie scooper 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. (makes about 23 3-inch round cookies).
- 6Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges, turning the sheets front to back and switching racks halfway through.
- 7Remove the sheet from the oven and carefully slide the parchment or Silpats directly onto a work surface. When cookies are set, remove them to a cooling rack. Wait at least 5 minutes before serving or 20 minutes before storing in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature. They won't last that long. :).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Evar!
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g