The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base (just and estimate I make to taste you may want to follow the directions on the package)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 lb chicken (cut into desired size pieces)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- extra flour, to roll out noodles
- Put water, soup base, onion, carrots, celery, and chicken in pot.
- Bring to boil until chicken is cooked. Turn down heat but keep water boiling.
- While chicken is cooking combine eggs and flour and mix well. Should be the consistency of biscuit dough.
- Roll dough out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter (easier than a knife) cut them into about 1/2 in squares (they will triple in size when you cook them).
- Now drop the noodle pieces in the boiling broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
- To thicken broth sprinkle the left over flour from rolling out dough into the broth.
- Serve into bowls and let cool for at least 5 minutes, it will be very hot!