This is real easy with homemade noodles you don't have to dry! And great with cornbread! I used to make this with my grandma and mom. I have altered it a little from their recipe by using soup base instead of bouillon cubes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base (just and estimate I make to taste you may want to follow the directions on the package)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 lb chicken (cut into desired size pieces)
- 1Put water, soup base, onion, carrots, celery, and chicken in pot.
- 2Bring to boil until chicken is cooked. Turn down heat but keep water boiling.
- 3While chicken is cooking combine eggs and flour and mix well. Should be the consistency of biscuit dough.
- 4Roll dough out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- 5Using a pizza cutter (easier than a knife) cut them into about 1/2 in squares (they will triple in size when you cook them).
- 6Now drop the noodle pieces in the boiling broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 7To thicken broth sprinkle the left over flour from rolling out dough into the broth.
- 8Serve into bowls and let cool for at least 5 minutes, it will be very hot!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.5 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.9 g