Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is real easy with homemade noodles you don't have to dry! And great with cornbread! I used to make this with my grandma and mom. I have altered it a little from their recipe by using soup base instead of bouillon cubes.
- Put water, soup base, onion, carrots, celery, and chicken in pot.
- Bring to boil until chicken is cooked. Turn down heat but keep water boiling.
- While chicken is cooking combine eggs and flour and mix well. Should be the consistency of biscuit dough.
- Roll dough out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter (easier than a knife) cut them into about 1/2 in squares (they will triple in size when you cook them).
- Now drop the noodle pieces in the boiling broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
- To thicken broth sprinkle the left over flour from rolling out dough into the broth.
- Serve into bowls and let cool for at least 5 minutes, it will be very hot!
very easy and tasty! I made it with thighs last week, and today I tried it with chicken breast. Same delicious result