Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Homemade Pie Crust and Apple Mixture, make for an amazing Apple Pie.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks , unsalted butter. (Placed In the freezer for an hour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 -7 tablespoons ice water
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 gala apples
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Bottled is fine)
- First Make The Crust.
- Start off by mixing 2 1/2 Cups of AP Flour, with 2 Tablespoons of Sugar, and 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Then, using a Food Processor, or a Pastry Blender, (or even 2 knives). Add 2 Sticks of cubed COLD Butter (The cold butter is used for flakiness).
- Combine until mixture looks like Course Crumbs.
- Add Ice Cold Water, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Until when squeezed between your hands it forms into dough.
- Form Dough into 2 Balls. Wrap separately in plastic wrap, and Refridgerate for One Hour.
- While Dough is Refridgerating, Peel, Core and Thinly Slice Apples, and place in bowl. Add Lemon Juice.
- Add all the sugar, spices, and applesauce, and mix well.
- Cover with Plastic Wrap, and Refrigerate until the Pie Crust is done.
- Take Both out of the Fridge, and let sit on counter for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll One Ball of Dough Out. (Roll at least two inches bigger than your pie dish is.).
- Place in a buttered, and floured pie dish.
- Add Apples, but reserve the liquid at the bottom. Pour a Tablespoon of the Liquid on top of the apples. And Discard the rest of the liquid.
- Design Top Crust However You Want. (Lattuce Top or Top Crust, with an X on top, to vent.).
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of Sugar on top.
- Put Pie in a Preheated 425 Degree Oven for 15 Minutes.
- Reduce the Heat to 350 Degrees and Bake for 42-48 minutes.
- Take Out of Oven and Let Cool For 15 Minutes.