I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
These are basically the only waffles I make. They are super simple, and a healthy, filling breakfast. I use Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend for these. You can add fresh fruit or chocolate chips to the batter for a twist. I have also make chocolate waffles with this recipe, substituting milk for chocolate milk and adding some cocoa and a handful of chocolate chips.
My Private Note
small w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingrediants in one bowl.
- 2separate one of the eggs. add the yolk and the rest of the wet ingredients together and whisk.
- 3beat the egg white in a clean bowl until peaks form.
- 4Add the wet into the dry, mixing until just combined. fold in the egg white.
- 5Pour into a preheated greased waffle iron, and I cook mine for 3-4 minutes with my waffle iron. This recipe yeilds 16 small square waffles for me (using just under 1/3 cup of batter per waffle).
- 6These freeze well.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Healthy Waffles (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 360.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g