Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are basically the only waffles I make. They are super simple, and a healthy, filling breakfast. I use Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend for these. You can add fresh fruit or chocolate chips to the batter for a twist. I have also make chocolate waffles with this recipe, substituting milk for chocolate milk and adding some cocoa and a handful of chocolate chips.
- 2 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour or 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 1⁄4 cups Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (1 separated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift dry ingrediants in one bowl.
- separate one of the eggs. add the yolk and the rest of the wet ingredients together and whisk.
- beat the egg white in a clean bowl until peaks form.
- Add the wet into the dry, mixing until just combined. fold in the egg white.
- Pour into a preheated greased waffle iron, and I cook mine for 3-4 minutes with my waffle iron. This recipe yeilds 16 small square waffles for me (using just under 1/3 cup of batter per waffle).
- These freeze well.
made these today for breakfast... I ended up doubling the recipe because we have 5 people in our family and I wanted some for leftovers for tomorrows breakfast. I did end up tweaking it a bit I didn't have milk on hand the only thing I had was an almond coconut milk blend and not quite enough for the recipe so I added some water.... we don't use sugar so I added some homemade maple syrup and raw honey for the sweeteners... I used a lot of cinnamon, I love cinnamon, I also added some stoneyfield yogurt for some protein and to hide for my son who needs the yogurt but doesn't like it too much....I did everything else according to the recipe.... they poured into the waffle iron great and they turned out crisp and while I woudnt say they were bland they didn't have as much flavor as I thought they would have next time I will add some ginger and maybe some cloves to the mix..... but all in all they were yummy and I will be making them again :) thanks for the recipe!
Great recipe when made with Vanilla Soy Milk. Made enough to have some to freeze. Thanks!
Very good! Quick to make. My 3 year old loves these waffles!