Recipe by CookinMamaof3
I got these from Ina Garten on FoodNetwork. They are so good cooked on the grill, but could also be broiled. BEWARE: these have plenty of fat--not for the faint of heart!LOL
Top Review by Juenessa
Yes, my husband says these hamburgers our wonderful! They were very easy to make and everyone enjoyed eating them--very juicy and flavorful. I think this will become my standard hamburger recipe. Thanks, CookinMamaof2!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A1)
- 6 extra-large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 12 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meats, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper with fork (do not over-work).
- Form mixture into 12 balls.
- Put a thin slice of butter in the middle of each ball, then flatten into patties (make sure butter is completely surrounded by meat).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until done.
- Remove to plate, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.