Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know that there are a lot of similar recipes but this one has a few extras that are still authentic. Enjoy with any of your favorite Mexican dishes, spread onto a sandwich or just enjoy with tortilla chips!
- 2 avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded (I buy on the vine)
- 59.14 ml Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- 78.07 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Cut avocados lengthwise, remove stone (pit) and scoop avocado into medium bowl. Keep one or both stone if you are not eating the guacamole right away.
- Cut lime in half and add juice of whole lime to avocados.
- Mash avocados until desired smoothness. I prefer it to be a little chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- I prefer to chill my guacamole and so I put one of the stone's (or pit) back in the guacamole and cover, it helps to keeps it from discoloring.
oh Yum! This is really good. The cumin gives it just a little something extra that makes it oh so good. I added extra serrano pepper in place of the jalapeno and it made a great appetizer with chips. Made for my PAC baby 2010.
Delicious! I don't care for cilantro, so I left it out along with the optional jalapeno pepper. Made half the recipe and ate it for lunch with tortilla chips. Made for PAC Spring '09. :)