Recipe by CC & G
I know that there are a lot of similar recipes but this one has a few extras that are still authentic. Enjoy with any of your favorite Mexican dishes, spread onto a sandwich or just enjoy with tortilla chips!
Top Review by cookiedog
oh Yum! This is really good. The cumin gives it just a little something extra that makes it oh so good. I added extra serrano pepper in place of the jalapeno and it made a great appetizer with chips. Made for my PAC baby 2010.
- 2 avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded (I buy on the vine)
- 1⁄4 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados lengthwise, remove stone (pit) and scoop avocado into medium bowl. Keep one or both stone if you are not eating the guacamole right away.
- Cut lime in half and add juice of whole lime to avocados.
- Mash avocados until desired smoothness. I prefer it to be a little chunky.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- I prefer to chill my guacamole and so I put one of the stone's (or pit) back in the guacamole and cover, it helps to keeps it from discoloring.