Recipe by Grammabobbie
You won't find any sauce on these individual pizza's, just a lot of flavorful meat, cheese and vegetables, all drizzled in olive oil, grilled to perfection. Adjust the toppings to your liking. I find the ones in this recipe fit the bill. My husband loves these, and he is pretty much a meat eater. Great for a backyard barbeque, all the prep work is done before.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb Italian sausage (fried and crumbled)
- 1 red onion (sliced thin)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup feta, crumbled with basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dough in your bread maker, if you have one. Start with the water, yeast, and honey, and olive oil. Add 3 cups of the flour, and the salt. Mix in the last cup of flour. Knead until smooth, 10 minutes, using more flour if necessary. Put dough in a well oiled bowl, turn dough to coat it all. Cover with plastic wrap, let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 6 portions. If not using right away, refrigerate.
- Shape each piece into a rustic oval, place on a cookie sheet that has been dusted with corn meal. Place wax paper between dough and repeat until all are shaped.
- Get your vegetables prepped, put all toppings in seperate bowls, stack in a large roaster, and head for the grill.
- Rub oil across gates of a hot grill, with a clean rag. Brush olive oil on each pizza. Grill dough on each side, 1-2 minutes, making sure each side has been oiled.
- Remove and line the grill with aluminum foil. Have each guest stack their own pizza with toppings, mozzerella first, then spinach, meat, other veggies, then the feta. Drizzle olive oil over the tops, and place on grill, cover untill cheese is melted, approximatley 5 minutes.
- Wonderful and healthy!