Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I can't even remember where I found this recipe, but I've been making it for years. It is great on a cold night or for a quick dinner. I usually serve it with bread sticks or garlic bread. Yum!
- 1 package ground beef or 1 package turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground meat in skillet with onions and garlic.
- Drain fat from meat.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, tomatoes, tomato sauce and frozen corn.
- While the meat is cooking, boil the macaroni until almost done.
- Drain water from macaroni and stir into meat mixture Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Pour enough mixture to cover bottom of dish and then sprinkle with cheese; add another layer of meat and top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts and casserole is bubbling (approximately 40 minutes).
My family LOVED this recipe. Will definitely make this one again.
The name says it all...it IS *The Best Goulash* ! Very easy to make. I added Crushed Red Peppers to mine, but everyone else loved it just as it was written and posted to this site. Thanks for sharing a receipe even a young adult can prepare and enjoy.