Recipe by UmmBinat
I have tried a number of flat breads and for all those frees this is my favorite so far. However eat it the same day as it goes hard and dry by the morrow. Modified from a recipe on beyondthewheat.com to be corn free!
Top Review by Somogirl
After browsing numerous recipes I decided to try this one.I am so glad I did ! It was so easy AND delicious ! I must add I did use buttermilk in place of water ( I did warm it to room temp first ).And I used 1/2 cup Garfava in place of part of the GF flour blend. And I added 1/4 cup chia seeds to dough.Although I am a good cook I am not the best bread baker.So it is saying alot I had such good results the first time.I cant recommend this recipe enough.I sprinkled one side with Greek seasoning before flipping on griddle.There are many versions that can be done with the dough.Thanks so much for a great,fast yummy recipe !!!***
- 295.73 ml gluten-free flour, blend (I use white rice flour and tapioca starch in half the amount)
- 118.29 ml tapioca starch
- 78.07 ml brown rice flour (fine ground)
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml guar gum (if using a store bought GF flour blend that contains a gum already use 1 1/2 tsp)
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 177.44 ml warm water (plus or minus)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cast iron frying pan.
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, water and whisk to blend.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms a ball. Dough should be soft and pliable but able to be rolled out w/out sticking to everything. (Too sticky? Add a bit more flour. Too dry? A bit more water.).
- Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide into equal pieces and roll out to thinly in a circle but not so thin that they will rip.
- Place on oiled pan if needed and cook 1-3 minutes on each side. Will brown slightly and bubble up.
- Set aside on a clean tea towel and cover with the other half. (The steam from the hot bread will help make each one softer.) Repeat placing cooked ones on top of each other until done.
- Then wrap around whatever you’d like!