I have tried a number of flat breads and for all those frees this is my favorite so far. However eat it the same day as it goes hard and dry by the morrow. Modified from a recipe on beyondthewheat.com to be corn free!
My Private Note
flat br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml gluten-free flour, blend (I use white rice flour and tapioca starch in half the amount)
- 118.29 ml tapioca starch
- 78.07 ml brown rice flour (fine ground)
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml guar gum (if using a store bought GF flour blend that contains a gum already use 1 1/2 tsp)
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 177.44 ml warm water (plus or minus)
- 1Heat cast iron frying pan.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- 3Combine eggs, oil, water and whisk to blend.
- 4Add to dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms a ball. Dough should be soft and pliable but able to be rolled out w/out sticking to everything. (Too sticky? Add a bit more flour. Too dry? A bit more water.).
- 5Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide into equal pieces and roll out to thinly in a circle but not so thin that they will rip.
- 6Place on oiled pan if needed and cook 1-3 minutes on each side. Will brown slightly and bubble up.
- 7Set aside on a clean tea towel and cover with the other half. (The steam from the hot bread will help make each one softer.) Repeat placing cooked ones on top of each other until done.
- 8Then wrap around whatever you’d like!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Gluten Free, Yeast Free & Corn Free Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 727.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: