Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Try this recipe one time and you'll never use the box mix again!
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix everything in bowl until smooth.
- Pour in greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
I'm so pleased to find an egg-free cake recipe for my 2yo daughter that she likes! She's also wheat and milk free, so I used spelt flour and soured soy milk. I put the ingredients and bowl on the kitchen floor and let her mix it! A big mess, but she loved it. The gingerbread had a great rich flavour, and is very moist. Thanks for a keeper!
The best gingerbread!! Great spice combination. Awesome texture. I followed the direction but used expired half and half in place of buttermilk. SOOO TASTY!! Thanks for sharing.