Recipe by Dolphin #1
My mother made this once but it had raisins (I don't like raisins) So I took her Fruit Salad, experimented with it for awhile, and then I had THE BEST Fruit Salad EVER! Very easy to make and my favorite way to eat fruit :D
Top Review by Sandi (From CA)
This was ok - my husband liked it more than I did. I ended up removing all the marshmallows in my bowl and should have cut way back on the cinnamon. (Used Penzey's and was not used to the fantastic quality of their cinnamon, so I'd overdone it.) Still searching for that ever-elusive perfect fruit salad for my picky tastebuds, but thank you for posting, Dolphin!
- 1 fresh cantaloupe
- 15 ounces dark sweet cherries (1 can or 3 and 1/2 cups fresh)
- 2 cups seedless grapes (whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 fresh bananas
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 apple
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 8 ounces strawberry yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or "a dash")
- 1 tablespoon honey (or "a squirt")
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip (10 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all fruit into bite sized pieces. You CAN cut the grapes and cherries, but I usually do not.
- Throw all the fruit into a very large bowl and add cool whip, yogurt, marshmallows.
- Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and honey.
- I usually freeze this, but tastes good in the refrigerator, too! Although, fruit doesn't keep as long in refrigerator, and the freezy treat is tastier to me :D.