Recipe by Matt C.
A great way to start a day, lots of healthy fat. I eat this almost every day. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter
- 4 ounces grassfed ground beef
- sea salt
- 3 ounces coconut milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion and peppers (with jalapenos, you can adjust the heat by removing some seeds).
- Prepare egg mixture by whipping eggs, coconut milk, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Sautee peppers and onions in butter in a nonstick 8-inch egg pan over medium heat to desired level of cooking. Always salt your veggies to taste during cooking.
- When onions and peppers reach desired level of cooking, add ground beef and cook until brown.
- When ground beef is browned, make sure nothing is stuck to the pan and turn the heat to high. Immediately pour egg mixture over the top of the onions, peppers, and beef. Immediately begin swirling contents of pan vigorously in a circular motion until contents become congealed and are moving together as one freely in the pan. Turn heat down to medium and cook until AT LEAST everything in the pan seems like it is solid enough to "flip. Continue moving contents in the pan in a circular motion every 10-20 seconds to make sure it doesn't stick. I usually cook for about ten minutes on the first side. That amount of time will create a nice, brown "crust" and makes the fritatta more solid and easier to flip. Flip the eggs, immediately turning heat back up to high and swirl vigorously until moving freely as you already did for the other side. Also repeat the medium heat cooking, but this time can be less as the mixture is pretty thoroughly cooked through by this point. Feel free to substitute different veggies or protiens, but this combo is the best imho. Enjoy!