Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an excellent, moist cake. Those who are looking for a low-fat cake should look elsewhere!
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups peeled and grated apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Move your oven rack to the second lowest rack.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix oil, sugar and egs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla and fold in apples and pecans and pour into bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- If the top of the cake starts to darken too much, cover loosely with foil.
- (Oven times may vary. Insert toothpick into center of cake, if it comes out clean then cake is finished baking).
- After cake has cooled, invert onto serving plate.
- For the glaze, combine and mix all ingredients together and drizzle over cake.
- Punch holes into cake with a toothpick so glaze will soak into cake.
Great recipe, I didn't have a problem with burning, I baked it on the second-lowest rack, I baked it in an air-convection over so it took less time to bake, I also increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons and reduced the oil to 1-1/4 cups, I also increased the cinnamon to 1 teaspoon, the glaze is light and delicious, thanks for sharing this great recipe hon, I made this for my DS and he enjoyed this cake over the weekend!...Kitten:)
Great cake, easy recipe, I used Granny Smith,gala and red delicious combination. It turned out great, didn't do the glaze, it wait a sec great without it,some ate it with maple syrup as I served it for breakfast.
Hi :) I made this tonight for a tag game. When I put it all together, I tasted it, and wow it was great! I put it in the oven, and about 45 minutes later I started to smell a burning smell. When I checked on it, the top layer was burned. I took it out and the inside was very moist (similar to a banana bread). I don't know if it needs to cook on a lower temp. or if I used the wrong type of apple (no specific was listed). The cake itself was very tasty. I did not make the topping due to it already being so moist. Thanks, and sorry it didn't turn out right.