Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This French Toast is great because it has salt and pepper which you don't find in lots of recipes along with cinnamon and vanilla for even more great flavor! All the flavors come together very well. I like to add a little packet of sugar substitute because I like the extra sweetness it adds, but it is completely optional. Personally, I think this tastes best with maple syrup and fresh peaches! Adjust the seasonings to your taste and tell me what you think!
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar substitute (optional)
- 6 slices bread (more or less)
- Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, pepper, vanilla, and sugar substitute in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and coat both sides well. Place on hot skillet.
- The bread is ready to flip when the side is browned and it pulls away from the skillet easily. Cook 2nd side. Repeat until all the egg mixture has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup, jam, fresh fruit, butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, etc!