1/3 Photos of The Best French Salad Dressing
This dressing will have you licking your plates clean, it's that good and better than any bottled! this is best if made a few hours ahead to blend the flavors or make a day ahead --- for creamy French dressing add in the mayonnaise and for creamy blue cheese French dressing add in 1/4 cup or more of crumbled blue cheese --- all amounts may be adjusted to taste
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (start with 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste or use 1-2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional, add in only for a creamy-style French dressing)
- 1In a large food processor blend all ingredients together until smooth (starting with 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 cup sugar and add in more to taste after mixing.
- 2Do not attempt to make this in a small 4-cup blender or you will have the dressing all over your counter!
- 3Mix in the mayonnaise (if using) for a creamy-style French dressing.
- 4Place in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best French Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (855 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.8
- Calories from Fat 869
- Total Fat 96.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 827.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: