1/2 Photos of The Best French Bread (bread Machine)
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This recipe comes from Fleishmann's Yeast and is absolutely the best french bread recipe I have found. The texture is wonderful and it tastes and looks great. I always get rave reviews when I make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 3/4 cup water, salt, flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and yeast to bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer.
- 2Select dough/manual cycle.
- 3When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.
- 4Roll dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle.
- 5Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll.
- 6Pinch seams and ends to seal.
- 7Taper ends by gently rolling back and forth.
- 8Place loaf, seam side down on a greased baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 9Lightly brush loaf with oil.
- 10Cover and let rise in warm draft-free place until almost double in size, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 11With a sharp knife, make 3 or 4 diagonal cuts about 1/4 inch deep across the top of loaf.
- 12Lightly beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush some of egg white mixture over top of loaf.
- 13Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- 14Brush again with remaining egg white mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 15Bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until done- bread should sound hollow when tapped.
- 16Remove the bread from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best French Bread (bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.8 g