Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
And when I say best I mean best! This recipe goes back years and the name of the recipe says it all! -- throw in some fresh blueberries -- yield is only estimated :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla (if using) add to the flour mixture; whisk until smooth (the batter will be thick!).
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- After 5 minutes whisk or mix again.
- Drop about 1/4-cup batter onto a medium-hot skillet; cook until lightly browned on the bottom, turn and cook until browned.
Delicious, thick but light tasting pancakes. I did use white whole wheat flour, but otherwise made as is. They are great to have in the freezer to pull out for a quick breakfast for the kids. Thanks!
Excellent! Very fluffy, but not eggy. Thick pancake with a great flavor. I used a bit more vanilla and the full amount of sugar. I added a little cinnamon to a few this time, which made them even more tasty.
excellent pancakes!!! We all couldnt stop till they were all gone!!!