Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
And when I say best I mean best! This recipe goes back years and the name of the recipe says it all! -- throw in some fresh blueberries -- yield is only estimated :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla (if using) add to the flour mixture; whisk until smooth (the batter will be thick!).
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- After 5 minutes whisk or mix again.
- Drop about 1/4-cup batter onto a medium-hot skillet; cook until lightly browned on the bottom, turn and cook until browned.
I need to share this... my wife developed an allergy to eggs over the course of one of her pregnancies and as such has not eaten a pancake in years (that she liked). Well I came across an egg substitute and used it with this recipe... y'all... these were phenomenal. They were so fluffy and airy... PERFECT. I cooked mine in a cast iron pan with melted butter. to die for. My wife just sank in a food-gasm. I only put in 2tbsp sugar because I had no sour cream... I also forgot the vanilla... and they were still wonderful... I added a pinch extra of baking powder and let the batter sit for about 5 to 7 minutes... these truly were AMAZING pancakes. My kids were like DAD! These are the pancakes we've ever had! so Kudos to you! These were great!
These were absolutely the best pancakes I have ever eaten, and believe me I have looked and tried many recipes! very very tasty and delish! and it seemed like the longer it sat the better it got in flavor and fluffiness. This will be my go to recipe from now on for pancakes. I don't eat them often but when I do I want them to taste good and until now I haven't had much luck there. Good Job!
These are titled right, light, fluffy and full of flavor. I did separate the eggs and whip the egg whites before adding to the batter, I think this helped them be even more light and fluffy. I'll be using this one often.