Recipe by The Big Cheese
This is similar to some that I've tried but the taste is indescribable. Very tasty and easy to make! Make it the night before you plan to serve it so that all the flavors have time to meld. My can ounces are approximate, I buy the regular sized cans.
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans
- 425.24 g can string beans
- 425.24 g can kidney beans
- 425.24 g can lima beans
- 425.24 g can wax beans
- 1 large red bermuda onion
- 236.59 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 59.14 ml pure virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump all of the beans into a colander, starting with the kidney beans. Do not rinse.
- Chop the Bermuda onion into cubes.
- In a large bowl, pour all the beans and the chopped onion together and mix well.
- In a sauce pan, mix the apple cider vinegar with the sugar and salt, stir over medium heat. Once the sugar and salt have dissolved, add the olive oil and the pepper.
- Stir well and then pour over the beans. Cover and place in the refrigerator, overnight is best. Stir them occasionally to make sure that they are all getting a good dose of the liquid.