Recipe by I'mPat
Well at this stage I don't know if they are or aren't but a delicious looking recipe from our state/local paper and their feature of 7 recipes in 7 days. Times are estimated.
Top Review by Tisme
What a wonderful recipe!
Great flavours, and they were delicious, although I did not add the anchovies.
I used homemade breadcrumbs (as I had a lot of bread to use up) and
I baked them in the oven and they came out really well.
The mayo really goes well with these, and is soooo very delicious.
I think I have found a recipe that the family will love over the coming summer. Although I really want to try the panko breadcrumbs next time! I think tuna would go really well in this recipe as well as fish fillets.
Thanks Pat, can't rave about these enough they are fantastic.
- 4 potatoes (medium)
- 400 g fish (fresh processed to a coarse mix)
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion (chopped)
- 4 anchovy fillets (chopped optional)
- 1⁄2 cup capers (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup pickle (sour roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 lemon (rind and juice of)
- 1 egg
- salt (freshly ground to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground to taste)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (or other breadcrumbs)
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (flat leaf)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup pickle (sour chopped)
- 2 tablespoons capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ther potatoes in salted water until they are very tender and then drain them and mash them finely.
- Combine with the fish and other ingredients down to and including the seasonsings and then using wet hands shape them into eight patties.
- Dust them with flour and then dip them into the egg and finallyu coat with the crumbs.
- Heat oil to moderate and cook them until they are golden browqn on both sides.
- FOR THE SAUCE simply combine the ingredients and mix well together and serve over patties and a sharp green salad.