1/1 Photo of The Best, Fastest Whole Wheat Bread- That the Kids Will Love Too
1 hr 25 mins
There are many perks working at the local extension office and one of them for sure is the food. One of my favorite recipes is for this delicious whole wheat bread. It is soft and light (just like white bread) and is fast to make compared to some yeast breads due to the instant yeast. Great recipe to get those kids to love whole wheat bread. I had posted a previous version of this recipe (#326380) but we have since added some additional ingredients to make it even better- an egg, some powdered milk and lecithin. Lecithin is easily found in any health food store- really helps with that soft texture I am talking about.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add ingredients in the order listed to bowl of Kitchen Aid or other heavy duty mixer.
- 2Using a dough hook, mix well and add more flour if needed so that the dough cleans the sides of the bowl (dough should be slightly tacky).
- 3Knead for 10 minutes.
- 4Shape into 3 loaves. Add dough to sprayed loaf pans.
- 5Cover with tented plastic or cloth and let rise for about 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 for the last half hour of rising. It is ready to go in the oven when the dough has risen just above the top of pan.
- 7Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best, Fastest Whole Wheat Bread- That the Kids Will Love Too
Serving Size: 1 (2258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2363.3
- Calories from Fat 1503
- Total Fat 167.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.7 mg
- Sodium 2418.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.1 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 44.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vital wheat gluten