Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the tastiest soup I have ever eaten in my life. iTs really sophisticated and unusual. I got the recipe from The BestSoups cookbook. Honestly its delicious, but dont be tempted to increase the curry paste as it spoils the delicate flavour.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 small onions, diced
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml curry paste
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 709.77 ml chicken stock or 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- Roasting Peppers------------.
- Preheat grill or top oven to a high heat.
- Wash peppers and place in oven.
- The peppers will go black, turn to blacken all sides.
- (about 10- 15 mins) When pepper skins are blackened place in a plastic bowl and cover for 15 minutes.
- Then peel and seed the peppers, cut into large segments.
- Melt butter in pan, add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add curry paste and fry a further 3 minutes.
- Add stock and peppers and let simmer a further 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches, then return soup to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk and reheat.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.
Excellent recipe!!! This is definitely a keeper! The only alterations I made were adding a heaping cup of poached, shredded chicken breasts and garnishing with chopped, fresh cilantro.
Serving suggestion: Mrs. T's Potato & Cheese Pierogies. Saute some black mustard seeds in butter for a few minutes until they start popping. Add chopped red or yellow bell peppers with chopped onion, and continue to saute until they are at the doneness you prefe; I prefer mine to not be soggy. Remove veggies from the pan. Boil some frozen pierogies in water for 5 minutes; drain. Saute pierogies in butter; I like mine to be a bit chewy and crispy. Then add the veggies to the pierogies just to mix in and slightly reheat. The flavor of this soup really goes well with the pierogies! YUM!
Pretty darn good! I also added some chicken to make it seem like more of a meal.
This recipe was very good. The soup turned out great after I added some salt and ground black pepper.