1/1 Photo of The Best Ever Red Pepper Curry Coconut Soup
angelina ballerina's Note:
This is the tastiest soup I have ever eaten in my life. iTs really sophisticated and unusual. I got the recipe from The BestSoups cookbook. Honestly its delicious, but dont be tempted to increase the curry paste as it spoils the delicate flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roasting Peppers------------.
- 2Preheat grill or top oven to a high heat.
- 3Wash peppers and place in oven.
- 4The peppers will go black, turn to blacken all sides.
- 5(about 10- 15 mins) When pepper skins are blackened place in a plastic bowl and cover for 15 minutes.
- 6Then peel and seed the peppers, cut into large segments.
- 8Melt butter in pan, add onions and saute until translucent.
- 9Add curry paste and fry a further 3 minutes.
- 10Add stock and peppers and let simmer a further 20 minutes.
- 11Puree in batches, then return soup to pan.
- 12Stir in coconut milk and reheat.
- 14For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Ever Red Pepper Curry Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g