This is the tastiest soup I have ever eaten in my life. iTs really sophisticated and unusual. I got the recipe from The BestSoups cookbook. Honestly its delicious, but dont be tempted to increase the curry paste as it spoils the delicate flavour.
- Roasting Peppers------------.
- Preheat grill or top oven to a high heat.
- Wash peppers and place in oven.
- The peppers will go black, turn to blacken all sides.
- (about 10- 15 mins) When pepper skins are blackened place in a plastic bowl and cover for 15 minutes.
- Then peel and seed the peppers, cut into large segments.
- Melt butter in pan, add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add curry paste and fry a further 3 minutes.
- Add stock and peppers and let simmer a further 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches, then return soup to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk and reheat.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.