Recipe by angelina ballerina
This is the tastiest soup I have ever eaten in my life. iTs really sophisticated and unusual. I got the recipe from The BestSoups cookbook. Honestly its delicious, but dont be tempted to increase the curry paste as it spoils the delicate flavour.
Top Review by Stephanya
Excellent recipe!!! This is definitely a keeper! The only alterations I made were adding a heaping cup of poached, shredded chicken breasts and garnishing with chopped, fresh cilantro.
Serving suggestion: Mrs. T's Potato & Cheese Pierogies. Saute some black mustard seeds in butter for a few minutes until they start popping. Add chopped red or yellow bell peppers with chopped onion, and continue to saute until they are at the doneness you prefe; I prefer mine to not be soggy. Remove veggies from the pan. Boil some frozen pierogies in water for 5 minutes; drain. Saute pierogies in butter; I like mine to be a bit chewy and crispy. Then add the veggies to the pierogies just to mix in and slightly reheat. The flavor of this soup really goes well with the pierogies! YUM!
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 small onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- Roasting Peppers------------.
- Preheat grill or top oven to a high heat.
- Wash peppers and place in oven.
- The peppers will go black, turn to blacken all sides.
- (about 10- 15 mins) When pepper skins are blackened place in a plastic bowl and cover for 15 minutes.
- Then peel and seed the peppers, cut into large segments.
- Melt butter in pan, add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add curry paste and fry a further 3 minutes.
- Add stock and peppers and let simmer a further 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches, then return soup to pan.
- Stir in coconut milk and reheat.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable stock.