Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is really delicious and everyone loves it. I usually put all of the veggies (but potatoes)in the food processor and chop fine. You'll be surprised at the flavor.
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 -8 potatoes, cubed
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, cubed
- In a large pot, add the celery, carrot, onion, parsley salt, pepper, potatoes and stock.
- Cover, bring to a boil and cook for about 20 min.
- until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the bacon.
- Mix the flour into the milk until well blended.
- Add to the soup and stir well.
- Add the cheese and heat until melted.
This was a very good potato soup. I ended up undercooking 1/2 of the pot and freezing it for future use. It was aromatic and yummy. My husband says it's definitely a 4 star. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.
My husband tried "baked potato soup" at a nice resturant in NYC, and this is the closest thing i have found to matching it. It is wonderful, and I would suggest having some crusty bread around for dipping in the "broth" left in your bowl. (I will admit that I didn'n have any bacon in the house so I substituted Hormel"Real Bacon" bacon bits for the cooked bacon)
A good start on potato soup. This was my first try at it and I followed the recipe exactly. It is a bit salty for my taste (and I like salt!) so I'll omit the 1 tsp salt next time. I think I will also try some evaporated milk or half & half in place of part of the regular milk for a more creamy texture. Nice flavor. Thanks!